Research Scientist, In Vitro
[ March 1, 2018 ]
We are seeking an outstanding scientist to help drive our research efforts in developing important, disease modifying therapeutics. This highly motivated and creative individual will work closely with a team supporting the discovery and characterization of new small molecule pharmaceuticals by creating/implementing and validating assays to advance our pre-clinical discovery projects. Our intent is to identify a scientist with the potential to become a thought leader at Xenon, actively and independently evaluating and driving new avenues of research. Expertise in neuroscience is highly preferred.
- Creating, implementing and validating new assays to support current and future medicinal chemistry programs
- Timely delivery of data to inform weekly compound progression
- Active participation in and presentation at group and project meetings
- Coordination and documentation of datasets to support internal decision making as well as external publications and regulatory filings
- May supervise research associates
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, neuropharmacology or related field
- Postdoctoral training and/or experience establishing and validating cell based and ligand binding assays and quantifying pharmacological effects in these assays
- Enthusiasm for laboratory work, good problem solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of cell tissue culture techniques including both recombinant cells and preparation and maintenance of primary cell cultures.
- Experience creating functional assays with native or IPSC derived human neurons
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and initiative
- Excellent record keeping, attention to detail.
- Experience with analyzing and presenting quantitative data.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment and be flexible in adapting to change.
- Expert knowledge of HTS screening methodologies using cell based assays preferred.
- Drug discovery project experience preferred
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Research Scientist, In Vitro” in the subject line. All attachments must be saved as one file and be named: “Your Full Name – Research Scientist, In Vitro.” We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.